Friday 4 September 2015

Inspired! YOU MUST READ FROM START TO FINISH!! AND SHARE IT


Readers, I have decided to tell you people what I want to do.
Blogging. I really didn't understand what it means till about 3 years ago when I started reading the legendary Linda Ikeji Blog. I realised what it meant after googling and googling and a lot more googling. Then I got it! Writing 'stuff' on the Internet for people to read. When I was 8, I had started writing 'stuff'. From little novels to poems to even rap lines (lol abi)... was never a good artist though so I withdrew from drawing but God knows I have a talent to write. I had written over a hundre
d books (No Exaggeration) but then none of them are published because ideas come to me in sparks. Like when an idea comes to me and I write about fifty pages and when am about to write the fifty first... BOP! Another idea springs up and I immediately abandon it for a whole new book. Trust me, anytime I saw an old book of about a year ago, I would leave any present book and go back to the past book. And that's how I realised that steady writing isn't for me, because my 8 years old birthday is almost 8 years gone but trust me... am still not a friend of steady writing because I don't know why but I still can't sit on a book! I just cannot!
And then Blogging came along. I was happy from day 1 I heard about it and even though I was still in Js1, I would read blogs and read blogs and read more blogs just to be informed and then I would message every blogger on their Gmail to give me a shoutout which was awkward because I was absolutely nothing in the blogustry (Yes I made that up. I actually did, it's like a combination of Blog and Industry) and then nothing came out. No shoutout, No recommendation, Zilch! Even till this moment you are reading this.
But nahhh, shoutout dont make a man and I don't believe you must get recommendation before you do something.
Everybody starts with an idea! A spark! God didn't create any dullard. His world is full of people capable of getting the spark. Just like Joel Osteen once said, we stumble upon blessings. An idea is a blessing and when I got mine, I did something fast... I opened a Google account.
Currently I haven't gotten a thousand page views yet (but am closer than you think) not because am a horrible blogger or something but because I just started blogging a month ago and am not even steady!! Am going back to school sooner than you think and that means the blog freeing for a while. Will this reduce my audience? Yes, I mean no blogeader (ahaaa I made that up too! Combination of Blog and reader) will wait 3 months for you! But will it mean I won't blog again? Absoloutely NOT! I will come back smarter and with more innovations and writings that will appear on my blog and you know when a comeback is a blast, you gain notice fast and Boom! It's sure to last!
Some would say, wait nahhh, no be only two years remain for you to finish secondary school? But I see two years as two decades! Follow the spark whenever it comes. It won't yield result now, or next year or next two years, but one day... you will be surprised at how far yoy've gone.
Greatness takes time.
Share this to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment