Thursday 18 January 2018

Dont Kill Yourself


I really didn't know what title to give this write up that wouldn't be cliché. I mean, the topic at hand is probably the most cliché one you've seen because it appears we keep talking about it. Well, let's cut the chase. I'm going to write about drugs. Chances are, if you're reading this magazine, you're most likely not a drug user (Trust me, I don't do a lot of maths, but I did the maths, and I believe most drug users wouldn't want to pick up a blogpost to read). Genius, right? My point is, you most likely don't use drugs. It doesn't really matter if you do or don't, but maybe the message in this write up will be easier to relate to if you aren't already hooked onto something (i.e addiction).
Forgive me, I write directly from my mind and I do a lot of beating around the bush while doing that. This is just a write up convincing you not to do drugs if you aren't already doing it, or persuading you to get yourself out of it if you realise you've fallen in.
Listen, I'm going to make it as simple as possible in order for you to understand because many drug users, and drug users to - be ignore all the warnings when the means of warning seems boring, and irrelevant.
I would've asked you if you knew what if feels like to commit suicide, but I strongly doubt you'd be alive if you committed suicide. Well, you think it takes you a gun to the head or a rope to the fan to commit suicide? Think again. You can continually kill your own self, all the while thinking you're enjoying yourself or, well, "catching cruise".
You know these drugs by name; codeine, tramadol, xanax, LSD and a lot of others, and, well, there's no justifying taking it, because, like I said, you're literally shooting your own self in the head. I've written a similar article for the Timeline Blog, and just like I did there, I'll give you very practical reasons why you shouldn't do drugs.
 I'm not a science student, and I know very little about the human brain and other parts of the body, so my reasons will be more emotional than physical.
First of all, I'm not going to lie to you, but yes, drugs feel good. I mean, really good. Like, extremely really good. Don't ask me my source of that knowledge, but just know it. Well, drugs feel awesome when you take them, but anybody with sense knows one thing, and that is the fact that sweet things also kill, and things that feel good can also end up messing up your entire life.
Many of these drugs mess with your head. I bet you've been near a hard drug user, and you'll notice they aren't always complete. It appears they are either high, or they want to be high. Now, personally,  I wouldn't want to be emotionally incomplete because of constant use of substances that only give me momentary joy and go on to mess up the rest of my life. When you constantly take drugs, your alertness level drops, and you start being less of yourself and more of a floating self.
Drug abuse usually leads to addiction. Codeine for example is highly addictive. A simple definition of addiction is a state whereby you've had a thing for so much you can't do without it anymore. Don't expect a scientific explanation of why and how addiction works, I just know the human mind can be very unpredictable and can do things we don't want it to do. I mean, we all love enjoying ourselves and it's man's natural instinct to have as much fun as possible. But we definitely don't want a situation whereby our 'fun' takes control of us and we can't do anything about it. It's akin to being a criminal in a prison. You're locked up and even though in this case, you're enjoying yourself in this prison, in the end, you're still caged. You  start up by controlling these things and prescribing time for taking it  (let's say you'll tell yourself that you can only take lean -i.e codeine- two nights a week), but as you keep taking, first of all, you'll keep needing higher doses to keep you slow (that's what lean does) and before you know it, two nights a week turns to three nights a week, and then five nights a week, and then you start taking it in the day, and before you know it, you find yourself needing more and more. Like I said, you start by telling yourself when to take it, but sooner or later, the drug will seem to be the one telling you "guy, time don reach oo", and you become trapped because you just can’t say no when it calls on you. Plus, when you can't get access to the drug anymore, that's when you beging to face another problem altogether.
Be honest with yourself, the drugs won't always be available for you everytime. Your supplier can always get busted, or he'll run out of product. Also have in mind that these drugs cost money, and, well, money isn't really a resource that stays forever, so when you're broke, it doesn't mean your body will say "Oya let's chill for him to get money", no, you'll still crave it, and you'll see yourself stealing phone up and down or going to do ‘bambiala’ by begging for money like you have no parents that send you money. Withdrawal symptoms are real. If you start, it's nearly impossible to stop.
You watch a lot of music videos and hear a lot of lyrics about drugs and how it's good and "My lean cost more than your rent" and all that, and you believe that's the way to go. I'd have to first of all remind you that you're not a trap artist, you don't know if many of them take these things or just put them in their songs because they know some not-so-smart people will like the song more, and also, people in the industry have died of drug abuse too (you can Google Amy Winehouse or Lil Peep) and some others like Lil Wayne (who literally carries Purple Drank -A mixture of lean and other substances) suffered a seizure recently from the drugs. Also, these guys can afford to buy lean that cost more than your rent, but can you? Can you afford it? Think.
If you're reading this up to this point, I bet you haven't lost interest and said "This guy is talking nonsense. It's my life, let me live it", but if you still think same, you're right. It's your life. I like being realistic so, yes, it's your life, and I mean, everyone will die someday isn't it? If it's not your time to die, you won't die, right? That's what religious people believe,  yes? Stop fooling yourself, and stop killing yourself also. Life is meant to be enjoyed, but not by committing suicide.
A few steps on how to avoid them are to distract yourself with something, get involved in something much bigger than you (maybe join the drug free club if you’re into clubs and meetings), you can become religious since religion boosts morals and would totally preach against drug abuse, you can be careful who you hang around and who you’re seen with, you should ‘flee’ wherever drugs are being abused and get involved in other fun activities (anything).
They are all tough things to do, especially in a world, or an environment where drug abuse is rampant, and you may say you should as well join in, but be reminded that what works for Peter may not work for Paul.
So, now I give you two options.
1. You take tons of codeine, trams, ref, xanax and all that. Have a few minutes of good high, or good low ( depending on what you like), and end up dying like some pig.
2. You avoid these deadly drugs, do something else that gives you joy, happiness and pleasure ( anything else but drugs) and not end up dying like some pig.

Honestly, dying like some stupid pig shouldn't sound right to you except you're currently very high or not bright upstairs. Choose life. Avoid drugs.

1 comment: